About Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd - South Africa
About Hanna Instruments Pty Ltd
Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd, opened its doors in Johannesburg South Africa, in 1991. Being owned by the manufacturers, we are able to supply the best customer service, supply and technical backup and support, resulting in customer satisfaction, which is the key for us being at the forefront of our competitors in South Africa. Business grew rapidly, and a need was created for branches to be openedin Durban as well as Cape Town, in order to keep up with customers growing demands. The Hanna philosophy is to employ people within their own country, to run their business. This allows customers to not only get manufacturers service, but also the service required by the South African market
HANNA Instruments Inc, a world leading manufacturer of analytical instrumentation, has a network
of 60 subsidiaries in 43 countries worldwide and offers over 3000 products to its customers. HANNA is headquartered in Woonsocket, RI.
Through the years, the philosophy of the Nardo family has always been to be able to supply customers around the world practical affordable solutions for their testing needs. When Hanna introduced the pHep (pH electronic paper), in 1986 it literally revolutionized the world of testing by allowing millions of people in various industries to test for pH in a simple, accurate and affordable way. This winning philosophy is strongly embedded in Hanna. In 2005, when we introduced the world's first single parameter series or automatic titrators, we put thousands of users around the world in the position to perform their own analytical tests in-house, and improve the quality of their product. The driving philosophy that has been a trademark of HANNA has translated into top class worldwide organization with over 1,000 employees, including sales and technical support, research and development, and manufacturing centres in 43 different countries.
• 1980 - World's first single-probe portable conductivity meter
• 1982 - World's first pH controlled chemical dosing pump
• 1984 - World's first microprocessor-based hand held pH meter
• 1985 - World's first pH electrode with built in temperature sensor
• 1986 - World's first electronic pocket-sized pH tester
• 1988 - World's first pre-amplified pH electrode
• 1990 - World's first waterproof portable pH meter
• 1991 - World's first replaceable electrode pH pocket tester
• 1992 - World's first portable pH meter with plain-paper printing
• 1995 - World's first pocket thermometer with cal-check feature
• 1997 - World's first pH tester with double junction electrode
• 1999 - World's first pH/temperature tester with dual level LCD
• 2000 - World's first multi-parameter (pH/conductivity/temperature) pocket tester
• 2002 - World's first colorimeter with cal-check feature
• 2003 - World's first pH meter with calibration check feature
• 2004 - World's first process pH meter with integrated cellular communication
• 2005 - World's first single parameter line of auto titrators for wine testing
• 2006 - World's first pre-amplified probe multi parameter portable meter
We believe in controlling the quality of our products from their inception to delivery. For this reason, we manufacture all the products we bring to the market including, meters, electrodes, chemical reagents and buffers solutions. Our five manufacturing facilities are each specialized in a product family, ensuring stability and greater quality. Our engineers in manufacturing strive to achieve higher standards at all times, continuously investing in new manufacturing technology equipment as well as new manufacturing techniques. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, HANNA does not subcontract any part of the manufacturing process, from plastic moulding, to glass blowing and chemical bottling, to PCB and electronic assemblies.
All HANNA products are in compliance with CE directives and our production facilities are ISO 9001 certified.