Prices excluded VAT and delivery costs
Delivery time approx. 2 to 4 weeks
- Order number: HI3817BP
Learn about environmental water parameters right from the source!
HANNA offers a series of test kits specifically designed for educators and Environmental Science students. These portable kits contain well constructed lessons and activities, and will allow the teacher to get the most out of their classroom time.
Backpack Lab™ is designed with all the necessary components in one place, reducing the chance of misplacing an item. Ideal for transporting, take this durable backpack to the field for on-site measurements.
The lesson plan and components are tied together by a comprehensive teacher’s manual that includes information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field testing procedures. HANNA chemical test kits and pocket testers provide teachers with a valuable tool in helping students assess the water quality of streams, rivers and lakes.
Backpack Lab™ Water Quality Education Test Kit Includes:
• 110 tests each for acidity & alkalinity, 100 tests for carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, nitrate & phosphate
• HI 98129 Combo pH/EC/TDS/Temp Tester
• Secchi disk for turbidity
• One sachet of: 4 pH, 7 pH & 1413 ?S/cm
• Backpack carrying case which holds all components of the kit
• 72-page teachers manual with a curriculum that meets National Science Teachers Association Standards
• Parameter summary in pdf and powerpoint format (on included CD).
• Laminated, laboratory instruction cards with step-by-step field test procedures
• Lab activity worksheets with instructions, goals, hypothesis, and testing procedure results/observations (on included CD).
• A glossary of key terms in pdf format(on included CD).
• Exclusive access to backpacklab.com where you can download:
Field Test Procedures • Teacher Resource Book • Worksheets • Activities
HI 3817BP Backpack Lab includes pHep®4 pocket pH tester, DiST®5 EC/TDS/temperature meter, set of 10 field test procedures, vocabulary terms blackline master, set of 10 parameter summary transparencies, set of 10 lab activity worksheets, acidity test kit, alkalinity test kit, carbon dioxide test kit, dissolved oxygen test kit, hardness test kit, nitrate test kit, phosphate test kit and backpack.
|Acidity (CaCO3)||HI 3820||Titration||0-100 mg/L
P & Total
|HI 3811||Titration||0-100 mg/L
|Carbon Dioxide (CO2 )||HI 3818||Titration||0.0-10.0 mg/L
|Oxygen, Dissolved||HI 3810||Titration||0.0-10.0 mg/L||0.1 mg/L||Modified Winkler||110||910 g|
|Hardness (CaCO3)||HI 3812||Titration||0.0-30.0 mg/L
|EDTA||approx. 100||460 g|
|Nitrate (NO3-N)||HI 3874||Colorimetric||0-50 mg/L||10 mg/L||Cadmium
|HI 3833||Colorimetric||0-5 mg/L||1 mg/L||Ascorbic acid||50||160 g|
|pH||HI 98127||-2.0 to 16.0 pH||0.1 pH||±0.1||Automatic||approx. 300 hours||85 g|
|Temperature||-5.0 to 60.0°C||0.1°C||±0.5°C|
|EC||HI 98311||0 to 3999 µS/cm||1 µS/cm||±2% F.S.||Automatic||approx. 100 hours||85 g|
|TDS||0 to 2000 ppm||1 ppm||±2% F.S.|
|Temperature||0.0 to 60.0°C||0.1°C||±0.5°C|