TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The following are some of the standard terms and conditions of the sale applicable between Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd, herein referred to as “the company”, and any persons with whom and at whose request or on whose behalf the company undertakes any business, advice, information or services, hereinafter referred to as “the customer”.
2. All content on this site is the property of Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd and may not be modified or attempt to be modified.
3. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. Prices are subject to change without notice.
4. Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd does not warrant that product descriptions or other content on this site (http://www.hanna.co.za) is accurate, current or error free. If a product offered for sale by Hanna Instruments (Pty) Ltd on this site is not as described, you may return to us in an unused condition, complete with undamaged packaging for a refund.
5. All goods returned for credit must be in their original packaging, and transport costs for returns will be for the customer’s account.
6. In the event of the company extending credit facilities to the customer, it is a condition of any agreement between the company and the customer that until such time as the customer has paid in full for the goods the supplied by the company, the company will remain the exclusive and sole owner of the goods. This clause does not confer any right upon the customer to return and goods for credit, but confers upon the company a reservation of ownership in respect of the goods until payment in full is received.
7. Unless specifically agreed, credit facilities granted are payable strictly within 30 days from date of statement, which shall be deemed to be the last day of every month. Such payments shall not be withheld or deferred on account of any claim, counter claim or set off.
8. If any amount is not paid within the agreed term, the customer shall be liable for interest at the maximum rate permitted by law from time to time, including, without limiting the generality thereof, and the National Credit Act 34/2005.
Such interest shall be calculated and paid monthly in advance, provided that if the interest is not paid as aforesaid, the interest shall be added to the principal sum and the whole amount shall form the principal debt which shall bear interest as aforesaid.
9. Should the company agree to accept the return of any goods for credit, the customer shall be liable to pay the company a handling charge of 15% on the invoiced price of the goods returned, unless supplied in error.
10. The company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss or damage of goods for its non-delivery or miss-delivery, whether on grounds of breach of contract or negligence, unless it is proved the loss, damage, non-delivery or miss-delivery occurred whilst the goods were in the actual custody of the company and under its control.
11. Every customer engaging in the company shall be deemed to have warranted that he has the authority to engage the company as owner or authorized agent on behalf of the persons referred to in paragraph 1 above and shall be deemed to accept the company’s full terms and conditions.
12. In the event that the South African rand depreciates against the US dollar or any other relevant currency between the date of quotation and date of purchase, then in such an event the company reserves the right to amend the selling price in accordance with the depreciated rate of foreign exchange.
13. The company shall on the request of the customer and at no extra charge deliver goods purchased to the customer’s premises provided such premises are within 50km radius of the company’s head office in Bedfordview and provided the value of the goods purchased exceeds the minimum delivery free value set at R 1,000.00. In the event that the customer requires goods to be delivered beyond the 50km radius aforesaid, the customer shall be liable for such transport costs.
14. Prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
15. Once an order has been received from E-Shop, a Proforma Invoice will be sent to the customer reflecting company banking details and delivery costs, (including VAT), as per the details provided by the customer.